IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – MASKS ARE NOW REQUIRED
This week, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) announced updated masking recommendations to protect against COVID-19 and the Delta variant. These announcements were in response to surges in COVID-19 cases. Additionally, the CDC presented data showing that the Delta variant is more contagious compared to other strains and is causing some breakthrough infections in vaccinated persons.
The CDC, IDPH and CCDPH recommend universal masking in public indoor settings for:
· Everyone, including fully vaccinated individuals, in areas with substantial and high transmission. On Thursday, Cook County was added to the list of areas with ‘substantial’ community transmission.
· All teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status
· Immunocompromised individuals
· Households that are at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19
· Individuals not fully vaccinated – To find a vaccination clinic, please visit the IDPH website.
On Friday afternoon, the Cook County Department of Public Health announced that they were updating their guidance to be consistent with the CDC’s recommendation that everyone should be masked indoors and in a public setting.
In alignment with the masking recommendations, clients, trainers and others are required to wear a mask to enter our studio, regardless of their vaccination status.
I know this is not welcome news for anyone, but the safety of our clients and trainers is our primary concern.