Dear Clients and Trainers,
As was indicated in my last newsletter, we at PFTL are serious about protecting your health. With the current coronovirus pandemic, we are being extra cautious at this time. We are taking measures to disinfect all surfaces, disinfecting wipes are provided throughout the studio, hand trainers will limit hands-on training, rubber gloves are provided for your use.
In addition, since no vaccine exists to protect against COVID-19, public health experts recommend the following personal preventive measures:
- Wash hands frequently. Wash hands thoroughly and often, either with soap And water for 20 seconds or with a 60% alcohol-based rub, to kill any viruses on your hands. Hand dryers alone are not effective at killing COVID-19. For effective hand-washing practices, check out this video.
- Avoid touching your face. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, as any virus on hands from a touched surface can enter the body through the eyes, nose or mouth, according to current information.
- Maintain social distance. Keep a distance of at least 3 feet between you and apparently healthy persons and stay 6 feet away if a person is coughing or sneezing (WHO 2020).
- Limit contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you’re sick with respiratory symptoms like a fever, runny nose and/or cough, STAY HOME. Seek medical advice if your condition worsens with a high fever and/or difficulty breathing.
- Cough into an elbow or a tissue. Cover coughs with a tissue or cough into an elbow. Dispose of tissues immediately in a covered bin and wash hands with warm, soapy water. Wash clothing into which you cough. It is unknown how long the virus can live on hard and soft surfaces. According to the WHO, coronaviruses may survive on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. The best way to ensure that surfaces you touch are germ-free is to clean them with a disinfectant.