Effective January 3, 2022, Cook County will require that patrons of bars, restaurants, gyms and indoor entertainment venues show proof of being fully vaccinated. It will apply to those 5 and older.
Workers and patrons will need to be fully vaccinated or show a negative 24-hour standard PCR test. There will be no religious exemption under the county rule.
What does this mean for PFTL
- To enter our studio any individual age 5 and older must show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In-home clients must also show proof of full vaccination to their trainer before he/she enters their homes, and trainers will show proof of vaccination to home clients.
- We will post signage advising clients, trainers and visitors of this vaccine requirement at all entrances to the premises, as well as predominantly posted inside.
- Trainers and staff must be vaccinated OR must show weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- We will be enforcing this mandate by not allowing anyone to enter without proof of full vaccination.
An individual is considered fully-vaccinated:
- If they received their second dose in a 2-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, and a Booster shot 6 months afterwards.
- If they received a single-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine, and a booster shot 2 months afterwards.
Proof of vaccination means:
A CDC COVID-19 vaccination record card; or,
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state or county where the vaccine was administered; or,
- An application that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, vaccine brand administered and the date the vaccine was administered.
FYI – There is a free digital card available through the Illinois Dept of Public Health. Click on this link and follow the instructions. This can also be printed.